Need closeup pix of Bachmann Spectrum 4-6-2 Pacific to put back together

Started by Artieiii, October 08, 2011, 11:04:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Artieiii

I just got a Bachmann Spectrum 4-6-2 Pacific and I took it apart to repaint it in Blue Comet colors.  The repaint came out good but now I am having trouble getting the running gear back together.  The exploded parts view in the instructions is not in enough detail to see how it goes back together.  The wheels are on but the control arms on the wheels are giving me trouble.  There are slight differences on each side so I need some closeups of the running gear on both sides.  Can anyone help me?  TIA
-Art

ebtbob

Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

Artieiii

I got my 4-6-2 back together and repainted her in Blue Comet colors.  All is well. 
Here is a picture:

Now my only issue seems to be with the bachmann decoder.  When I run the engine it works properly for a short time then stops responding to DCC input from my NCE power cab.  It just continues going at the same rate no matter what I want it to do.  Could this be a decoder issue?  I tried to clean the wheels and contacts but that did not seem to help.  All my other DCC engines respond perfectly.  To me it's not really a big deal if it's a crummy decoder because in the next 2 weeks I am going to swap it out for a decoder with sound.  Just wondering if anyone has run across this issue.  BTW my 4-6-2 spectrum is the latest model from Bachmann came with DCC onboard.
-Art

jerryl

Where did you get the idea for the shade of blue to use?  I'm ready to paint my version that I made from a Mantua pacific.  The color I was thinking of using is pretty close to what you have. I know it was a lot darker than the Lionel ones & a little darker than the IHC version. Too bad there aren't any color pictures around.
  How did you get interested in the Comet, do you live in NJ?

Artieiii

Quote from: jerryl on October 13, 2011, 07:33:26 PM
  Where did you get the idea for the shade of blue to use?  I'm ready to paint my version that I made from a Mantua pacific.  The color I was thinking of using is pretty close to what you have. I know it was a lot darker than the Lionel ones & a little darker than the IHC version. Too bad there aren't any color pictures around.
  How did you get interested in the Comet, do you live in NJ?

I went to home depot and looked at the paint colors available.  The colors I chose just looked good to me.  I used this picture as a reference.

Yes I live and grew up in NJ.  I live pretty close to where the Blue Comet derailed due to a bad flood in Chatsworth NJ.
-Art

Doneldon

jerry-

You might be able to find color codes on the B&O historical society site.

-- D