STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 16, 2018, 05:01:49 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  Thomas & Friends
| | |-+  N Scale Bachmann Thomas
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: N Scale Bachmann Thomas  (Read 1219 times)
Streak

Hello, glad to be here! "Ew Aw Few Few"

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2018, 08:52:45 PM »

If Bachmann does decide.
I could see Edward being made after Gordon and Henry. After they did Thomas, Percy, and James. Perhaps after that than Toby and Mavis.

Rolling stock hopefully in a two or three pack. Can be some
Cattle Wagon
Brake Van
Tank wagons
Troublesome Trucks
Box van/salt van combo
Gordon/James' express coaches

It would be very nice if the rolling stock came in packs. Saves time having to individually buy Annie and Clarabel or Troublesome Truck 1 and 2. I can't say for sure which engines they'd pick for the line. I'm sure that they'll start with Thomas, Percy, and James but anything beyond that is up in the air. I'd at least hope they'd make all the current engines in HO Scale is this theoretical line while also throwing in some curveballs in here and there. That's all I could want.

This was a query that came to me between now and my last post. Would Bachmann have four separate ranges for Thomas? Would they possibly cancel or stop releasing new products from one of the other three ranges? (If any, my money's on large scale)
angelob6660

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2018, 03:52:39 PM »

Man, I don't know why you want Large Scale to failed. It's just wrong and selfish.

Well the freight/passenger cars packs can also be sealed individually. For that type of people who want more of the same car without spending extra.
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2018, 04:28:56 PM »

He didnít say that he wants the range canceled, but more along the lines of if one of the three were to be dropped, large scale would probably be the one.  Personally I agree with him considering their recent overall track record after Toby got made hasnít been too great.  That doesnít mean I want it cancelled, honestly if I ever had the money or in this case, the space I would probably have picked up a few models from that range too.

As for engines they would do after Thomas, Percy or James, I think Toby and Emily would certainly be likely since they were both popular in HO and large scale.  Beyond them, Edward, Gordon, Henry, and Diesel, it would really depend on how well the sales for the new range would do from there.
Streak

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2018, 06:35:23 PM »

He didnít say that he wants the range canceled, but more along the lines of if one of the three were to be dropped, large scale would probably be the one.  Personally I agree with him considering their recent overall track record after Toby got made hasnít been too great.  That doesnít mean I want it cancelled, honestly if I ever had the money or in this case, the space I would probably have picked up a few models from that range too.

As for engines they would do after Thomas, Percy or James, I think Toby and Emily would certainly be likely since they were both popular in HO and large scale.  Beyond them, Edward, Gordon, Henry, and Diesel, it would really depend on how well the sales for the new range would do from there.

Thank you, Chaz.  Smiley I never said I wanted the range canceled. I respect the Large Scale range and it's fans. Like Chaz, I just don't have the money or space to buy any of the models. I do appreciate the work put into it. I appreciate that it brought Spiteful Brakevan into Bachmann form, the CGI designs used for the engines, and the existence of Winston in that range. (Honestly Winston is the one large scale character I have the most interest in getting some day since he's exclusive to that range.) I don't want the Large Scale range to die, it just seems inevitable unless they can finally release a engine (Diesel, Rosie, or Edward).

Back on the topic of N Scale, do you think that if Bachmann made this range, it would grow popular enough to keep up with HO Scale. Like to the point where you wouldn't expect it to be discontinued (that's how I view HO Scale). This is all hypothetical but do you guys/gals think it has that potential?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 06:43:24 PM by Streak » Logged
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2018, 10:56:05 PM »

Well, funny you should ask that, I did actually do a Facebook poll not too long ago asking fans in a modeling group if they would be interested in an N scale range from Bachmann, and the results were different from what I expected.

The majority said yes, which I naturally would agree with, but not by much compared to the second most popular answer which was no.  Obviously this isnít even the majority of the fandom so it is a little hard to tell but maybe they are already content with the HO/009 (or for some large scale) collections that they most likely have so far and donít want to invest in/canít afford another scale?  Maybe they donít want to invest in something a lot smaller than what they are used to?  Either way, I would be interested in seeing what a larger majority of the fandom would say beyond just Facebook.

Not that far behind, was that they would buy the engines Tomix never made.  This makes perfect sense, especially when Tomix only produced only four engines, with Henry not even being brought to the new range yet.  Either way, I think if Bachmann acquires the license for N scale models, they would possibly see the best sales in the range come from models beyond Thomas, Percy and James.

The rest of the votes ranged from maybe to not right away.
Streak

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2018, 01:07:35 PM »

Huh... I guess I can see why some people would say "No". Those people probably have HO scale/Large scale products and wouldn't want to double dip (like you said). I don't have much HO scale stuff in Bachmann yet. If Bachmann released N Scale engines with CGI designs that have the same quality and detail as the HO/HOn30 line, I might consider purchasing both lines or just the N Scale range. I do agree with that one voter that Bachmann should wait till they're back on their feet before trying a new range.

Speaking of the Tomix range, I'm personally wondering where that will go. Will they make the rest of the products from the old line (Henry, mail vans, the express)? Will they make completely new characters that weren't in the old line? It's funny that Tomix is currently one of the only Japanese Thomas merchandise lines that doesn't have Hiro in it.  Smiley
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: