News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

C&O 2-6-6-6 by Rivarossi

Started by k3a, October 17, 2011, 09:26:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

k3a

I realize that this is the Bachmann board, bur Riv doesn't have one that I can find. The latest version supposedly has sound. Has anyone received theirs yet? Does it, in fact have sound? The documentation included in the box is a joke. Nearly non existant.
Way to go Bachmann with the documentation in the sound equipped steam engines.
Comments???

GN.2-6-8-0

Yes the latest version is available with sound,one of our members has one,fine looking and running engine thou the sound was a bit tinny to my ears.Thought it should have had a bit deeper sounding chuff to it. check on youtube for owner videos,should be some there. 
Rocky Lives

digitalgriffin

The last run did have sound.  It was by Loksound.

The whistle was off.  And the chuff was nothing short of Wimpy.

The running gear is inconsistant.  On my first run without sound, the steam cuttoff rocker (at the end of the Johnson Bar) actually swung back and forth with the wheel movement.  My second and third run didn't.

Other than that, it's an excellent loco if you can still find them.  RR/Horny hasn't made them in two years.

ebtbob

If the chuff from that LokSound decoder was anything like the one that was used in the original run of the BLI Reading T-1 then I feel very sorry for anyone who has it.   The sound in the T-1 was just AWEFUL!!
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org