News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

EZ track bridge

Started by Conductor pops, March 25, 2012, 02:25:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Conductor pops

Is there such a thing as a bridge for EZ track ?

Doneldon

pops-

You can lay EZTrack across any bridge. Even the 12" to the foot
railroads often had bridges with ballasted track.
                                                                                       -- D

Conductor pops

Thats good to know cuz the guy at the hobby shop, who is an n scale club guy, said train bridges didn't have roadbed.

Do you know what manufacturers have bridges that will accomidate ez track?

Doneldon

pops-

Don't go beyond my statement. Yes, most railroads had some bridges with ballasted track but that doesn't mean that most bridges had ballasted track on them.

I don't know what kind of bridge you're looking for, the length you need or the era you're modeling so I can't recommend a bridge for you. I suggest that you go to a large hobby shop or check at a large online hobby shop (Walthers would be an excellent place to start) to see what your optuions are.

Good luck with your modeling.
                                                  -- D

Conductor pops

ebtnut

Most railroad bridges with roadbed are ballasted deck girder bridges.  They can be either through girders or deck girders, depending on the clearances needed underneath.  There are some examples of ballasted deck trestles, but I think most of them are steel viaducts rather than the wooden ones.  If you get a RTR through girder bridge, you may have to trim off some of the edge of the roadbed to fit it down into the bridge.

Conductor pops

RTR ? you would think Bachmann would have made one by now, with all the other ez track accessories.
Thanks
Mike

Pacific Northern

The only bridges I am familar with are those made by Atlas. 

The Atlas bridges come with ties in place and pre-cut rail sections which slide into the grooves in the ties on the bridges. 

I have used a number of different atlas bridges and it is easy to mix and match bridge sections to any length you would need. Atlas also makes stone piers for their bridges which are very easy to use.

You only has to cut the e-z track roadbed off to join the ez track to the Atlas bridges.

I am somewhat surprised that Bachmann has not made any bridges to match their ez track.
Pacific Northern