News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann DCC 2-6-0 HO Southern Railway

Started by bigalspitzer, April 11, 2014, 09:42:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigalspitzer

I can kick myself several times now for not getting one or picking one up on ebay when I saw them so few that was on there. Anyway, I want to know more about the Bachmann Southern Railway 2-6-0s. Are they so new that I am not seeing that many or are they discontinued and hard to find? Is Bachmann making more or not. Are they going to offer new roads? What is the Bachmann part number so I can do a seach on Google and try to locate one. So many 2-6-0 questions. Thanks.  :)

ACY

I think the Southern might be exclusive to the Echo Valley train set.
http://www.modeltrainstuff.com/Bachmann-HO-Echo-Valley-Express-Train-Set-SOU-p/bac-00825.htm
The set is available for $170 through MB Klein and other retailers.
Alternatively I have the locomotive, and would gladly trade you mine for a different road name available separately, but $170 for that set is not a bad price at all and that is what I suggest getting.

richg

Quote from: ACY on April 11, 2014, 04:04:05 PM
I think the Southern might be exclusive to the Echo Valley train set.
http://www.modeltrainstuff.com/Bachmann-HO-Echo-Valley-Express-Train-Set-SOU-p/bac-00825.htm
The set is available for $170 through MB Klein and other retailers.
Alternatively I have the locomotive, and would gladly trade you mine for a different road name available separately, but $170 for that set is not a bad price at all and that is what I suggest getting.

Very good price. A couple other sites that usually have decent prices want about $243.00.

Rich

electrical whiz kid

Aside from that production line being essentially the same engine, regardless of road name, they are a good deal.  I have several Bachmann 2-6-0s, a couple of IHS I bought on E-bay, and a couple of brass, same place.  They should present in themselves, some pretty uncommon running opportunities.
Rich C.