News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

S-4 switcher engine

Started by rentfor2, March 25, 2014, 07:49:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rentfor2

engine stops and starts constantly. and the bell rings by it self. the stm-5 computer chip get very very hot. now nothing works.

trainmainbrian

did you install the Chip if so you might have wired chip incorrectly.... To my knowledge the Chip should not get hot... I suggest you take your Loco to your nearest hobby shop & have a trained Loco guy look @ it.. & have a reputable shop wire your chip/decoders
If your not thinking of Model Railroading each day you must be having a bad day.....& do not leave your mind @ the station...

jbrock27

Sadly, not everyone has the option of accessing a local hobby shop near by, never mind finding one that is knowledgeable in model trains.  For some, it is the Internet or bust, or a very, very, long drive to what would be the nearest LHS.
Keep Calm and Carry On

jward

I assume this s4 had the factory installed sound? if so it should be under warranty. try Bachmann service.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

electrical whiz kid

Make sure all of your conductors are correctly connected to their respective terminals, double-check per manual.  Now, make sure your track is clean, and your wheels are clean.  A voltage drop can be a real problem; also make sure there is nothing on the track that shouldn't be there, such as tools, etc; anything metallic.  MAKE SURE!!  Blew out a unit really good by having a combination square where it shouldn't have been.  Just for real, get yourself a GOOD VOM (multimeter) and get to know how to use it properly.   I believe I echo the sentiments of just about every "railhead" here.

Rich C.

ALCO0001

Send it in TO SERVICE wright a letter with it describing the problem ,Get it replaced,they are very good Bachmann backs up what they sell 100%.
Jack