News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

EM-1s at Sea, Yet?

Started by jonathan, October 28, 2011, 11:08:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonathan

Oh, most wise and benevolent Mr. Bach-Man (buttering-up),

I can't help but ask, being all ga-ga about your new Yellowstones.

With the 30 October anticipated delivery date almost upon us, has their been word of production progress on the new locomotives?  Fair winds and following seas to the magnificent golden ship, upon whose destiny we 'anticipate'!

Regards,

Jonathan

the Bach-man

Dear Jonathan,
Buttering won't help, but it couldn't hoit!
I can't wait to get a couple as well!
I'll let you know when I know!
Best,
the Bach-man

jonathan

Thank you, sir.

Grampa always said, "It never hurts to ask."

Off to the GSMTS in Timonium.  Gotta go run trains and get rid of a couple bucks burning a hole in my wallet.

Regards,

Jonathan

jonathan

OK, I'll be alright now.  I found a little something to occupy my time while I'm waiting on the EM1's:

I'll have a great time superdetailing this baby.  Like I need another locomotive... ;D

Oh! Had the pleasure of meeting ebtnut while at the train show.  When you think about it, we're all a bit like a big group of pen pals who never meet.  Occasionally fortune smiles and we get the chance to say "hello" in person.  Thanks for finding me, ebtnut.

Regards,

Jonathan 

adari

Quote from: jonathan on October 29, 2011, 06:30:42 PM
OK, I'll be alright now.  I found a little something to occupy my time while I'm waiting on the EM1's:

I'll have a great time superdetailing this baby.  Like I need another locomotive... ;D

Oh! Had the pleasure of meeting ebtnut while at the train show.  When you think about it, we're all a bit like a big group of pen pals who never meet.  Occasionally fortune smiles and we get the chance to say "hello" in person.  Thanks for finding me, ebtnut.

Regards,

Jonathan 
Jonathon,
Does the 0-6-0 have smoke? Even on DCC?

Doneldon

adari-

Yes, it smokes even with DCC. I don't know if the smoke is controlled by DCC or if one must use a physical switch on the loco. It would make sense for it to be DCC controlled but that would require another function control which the regular Bachmann decoders don't have as far as I know.
                                                                                                                                                                                                     -- D

jonathan

Adari and Doneldon,

There is an on/off switch in the cab.  The wires do pass through the decoder, but I can't tell if there is a function control; probably not.

Naturally, I have disassembled the loco and clipped the smoker wires and removed the guts of the smoker--all this before mailing in the warranty card.  It has an LED (an improvement from previous versions). There are three screws, to remove the shell; used to be one.  Still a bear to pull off the shell.

OK, we've gotten off the EM1 topic already.  If there are any more questions, I'll start a new thread.

Regards,

Jonathan

ebtnut

Jonathon:  Good to meet you in person also.  Keep up the good work.  The caboose looks great!   I'm personally in a quandary - opt for the EM-1, or the On30 Heisler.  I can run the big engine on the club layout, but the Heisler might well be suitable for wide-guaging to On3 for my home layout.  And the current budget will only allow one or the other.   Decisions, decisions!

Woody Elmore

Jon - you can never have too many engines, or trains. It is an unwritten rule of model railroading. (I'm sure the Bachmann Company would not disagree with the rule.)

MilwaukeeRoadfan261

Quote from: Woody Elmore on November 02, 2011, 01:46:41 PM
Jon - you can never have too many engines, or trains. It is an unwritten rule of model railroading. (I'm sure the Bachmann Company would not disagree with the rule.)

I agree. I am ALWAYS looking at new engines that I could get from all companies. Mainly Bachman. I have even looked at getting some Bachmann Branchline engines and coaches and freight cars.

jonathan

Ah, yes... I am enjoying tinkering with this little loco... fun indeed. Will start a project thread when I'm a little further along.

I notice the EM1s, and plug-and-play sound units, are now listed in the product information section (HO/Steam/DCC).  No pictures, yet.

We're getting closer. :)

Regards,

Jonathan

tschwarz

So is there anyway to get an update on when these will be showing up?  I know there are a lot of us that are anxious to get our hands on these.

Can we get a bone please?    :D

jonathan

Not to worry.  The Bach-Man will let us know as soon as there is a bit of news.

R,

JV