News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Spectrum locomotive

Started by bill collins, October 28, 2011, 11:58:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill collins

I bought a new Northern Pacific locomotive. It's Bachmann item #11625. It's an EMD SD45. Is this a decent locomotive? I paid $35.50 for it.

Jim Banner

These locomotives are more than decent and a steal at that price.

Jim
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

jward

from my experience, any of the current bachmann or spectrum locomotives would be a bargain.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

czechwizard

got 24, all Bachmann DCC, no other brand yet, super cool

jward

the only thing i've found comparable, at a similar price, is atlas trainman. about 50% of what i am running now is bachmann, 33% atlas, and the rest from various others. i wholeheartedly agree, bachmann now makes a great product.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

CNE Runner

The greatest hindrance to the acceptance of Bachmann products is the proliferation of their older products. I see it at train shows where other manufacturers' items bring considerably more than a comparable Bachmann item...trying to sell the older Bachmann products (excepting the old time line) is very difficult as every table has 'piles' of the stuff.

We 'old timers' need to be reeducated (or perhaps 'reintroduced' is a better term) to the new Bachmann. I don't think I have read one negative review of any new Bachmann product in the hobby news. This is one company that deserves a great deal of credit for its accomplishments.

In summary, after 'running the wheels off' my Bachmann Spectrum GE-45 ton locomotive, I would unhesitatingly purchase any Bachmann product...and will do so in the future. I currently own 2 - American 4-4-0s (Spectrum) and (as stated earlier) a wonderful Spectrum GE-45T. All of these are exponentially superior to my sole Bachmann Plymouth MDT. [Mr. Bach Man: How about updating this little critter and bring the quality up to Spectrum standards?]

I eagerly await future Bachmann offerings,
Ray
"Keeping my hand on the throttle...and my eyes on the rail"

rogertra

Quote from: CNE Runner on November 01, 2011, 10:52:31 AM
The greatest hindrance to the acceptance of Bachmann products is the proliferation of their older products.

I agree.  The old "Botchmann" range really hurt Bachmann's image with "scale" modellers.  However the Spectrum Range, at least the ones I've purchased, have been excellent.