News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

programming problems

Started by redchuckb, November 04, 2011, 05:29:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redchuckb

I am new here,but here goes.I have 6 engines programmed on my EZ Command controller.It has been approx. 8 months since i have done anything with the set.Now i have cleaned and re-started,i can only get two of the 6 to work properly.Two of the engines will run on address 3,they just run backwards to the direction arrows.Two are working great and two i havent tried yet.Any suggestions on how to fix the two that are running backwards?The same two wont take a re-program either.I have tried that several times and they act like they are not receiveing the instructions.They respond to speed knob but only on address 3,and then,as i said,they run oppasite to the direction arrows.Any help or suggestions will be helpful.Thanks,Charlie

Jim Banner

When following the instructions for changing address (page 3 of your manual) it tells you in part
QuoteTo program your locomotive to another address, first activate the locomotive by running it a short distance. Next, press button 3
(figure 8; the locomotive's default address) AND the "Stop" button (figure 9) at the same time, then release them together. The
power LED will flash quickly to indicate you're in programming mode.
Change this instruction to read:
To program your locomotive to another address, first activate the locomotive by running it a short distance. Next, press button 3
(figure 8; the locomotive's default address) and while holding it down, press the "Stop" button (figure 9).  Then release the Stop button and button 3. The power LED will flash quickly to indicate you're in programming mode.

Lower down on the same page, the manual also explains how to program a locomotive when you do not know its address.  Here too the instructions should be to press down  button 3 and while holding it down, press the stop button.  Then release the stop button and button 3.  Even if you know the address of the locomotive, this method can be used and is worth a try if the locomotive will not otherwise program.

On the top of page 4, there are directions for setting the normal forward direction your locomotive.  You can change these instructions too so that you press the locomotive's current address button, and while holding it down, press the Stop button.  Then release the stop button and the address button.

If you have misplaced your manual, you can read it or download a new one at the link below:

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/ez_content/EZ_Command_instructions.pdf

Give this a try and please let us know if this works for you.

Jim
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

redchuckb

Thanks.I appreciate the info.