News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

My 2 1/2 truck Shay

Started by LooseClu, November 02, 2011, 05:06:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LooseClu

After two years of service my HO 3 truck Shay has cracked a gear.  It is in the middle truck and despite it now driving only half of the middle truck the Shay runs well.  I would happily purchase a new middle truck assembly but your parts people tell me they can't seem to get the Chinese to send them a supply.  It still runs so I'm not taking it out of service just yet- any idea when/if those trucks will be available again? 

the Bach-man

Dear Loose,
I'll see what we can find out.
Thanks!
the Bach-man

Geared Steam

Loose, in case you don't know you can always purchase the Fr. Mid & R. Driveline w/Gears(80 Ton 3 Truck Shay) (Ho Scale) Model: H81912.

http://estore.bachmanntrains.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=66_68_92&products_id=1651

Its the side drive line assembly with the gears installed, they are easy to change out, 2 screws hold them to the truck side.

Shay Fan in Utah

I own a Cass Model Shay that I purchased in 01-02 and I also need to replace the middle and front trucks. But instead I can just replace the driveline correct I guess you do learn something new every day. I also have some scratches on the decals on the water tank assey if I order a new won can I get the Cass Scenic Railroad lettering on the new one and the number on the reverse light?