News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

2-8-4 Berkshire Steam Loco

Started by en4cer, November 15, 2011, 09:22:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

en4cer

I have a Bachmann steam locomotive model #50904 which is a 2-8-4 Berkshire, I need a cow catcher as mine was damaged from a fall. When I search on this site for parts the cow catcher is not listed on the replacement parts list, however there is a similar looking cow catcher for the 2-10-2 steam that is available. Does anyone know if this part would fit my model? The pilot truck was also damaged and I was able to locate the replacement on this site. Hopefully someone can help me. Thank you.

RAM

Have you tried looking for pilot instead of cow catcher?

en4cer

Yes, I can get the pilot but the cow catcher is a separate piece.

Woody Elmore

Ram means to search for the "cow catcher" using the more proper term "pilot."

en4cer

I wasn't aware of the term pilot refering to what I know as a cow catcher. Thanks for the info, what I did was search on Bachmann's parts page on this site for all parts available for that model. What is nice about Bachmann's parts search is that they include a photo of each part. So I was able to determine from the photos that what I am looking for is unavailable, or so it seems. Thanks for all your help anyway. I will see if maybe I can repair the part in question. I just thought it would be easier to just replace the damaged parts.