News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Reverse loop

Started by datonaz28, November 08, 2011, 04:05:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

datonaz28

On my layout I have Dynamis DCC which works fine but I have a reverse loop that I put a Bachmann auto reverser and it just will not work. The reverse loop works fine if I use a toggle switch but with the reverser it always pops the Dynamis first. The only exception is on one rail on one end of the loop if I cross it with a wire it works fine. Any Ideas?

kencunningham

Be advised that i am not a model railroad expert, but i have been scouring the web to learn as much as possible before i take the plung.  If you have the loop isolated from the rest of the track, then maybe the amp adjustment on the reverse loop module needs to be turned down?  Hope this is somehow helpfull.

NarrowMinded

Dont trust the markings on the dial they are for referance only try adjusting it down a little until it does not trip the dynamis.

I am assuming you have the loop properly isolated, and can you explain what you mean by using a toggle switch?

NM-Jeff

kencunningham

After rereading this i think he may be using the auto reverse track and not the reverse loop module, let us know.

NarrowMinded

If your right and he is hooking the dynamis to an auto reversing track like used in the christmas trolley that would be the problem, it is not the track that reverses the trolley it is the special controller that reverses it with the special track need for the reversing module.

I wondered what the nail would have to do with anything but with your mention of the auto reverse track, It make sense.

datonaz28 please clarify

NM

datonaz28

I have tried adjusting the the auto reverser all the way and it still trips the Dynamis. Yes it is isolated from the rest of the layout. The toggle switch I was talking about is one I had on the layout before I had gotten the reverser. Flipped one way for entrance into the section and flip it for the exit out to keep the polarity correct.

poliss

Reverse loop modules do not use switches. They change the track polarity electronically inside the module.
See the section of Brian Lambert's website concerning reverse loops. http://www.brian-lambert.co.uk/DCC.htm#Reversing%20Loops.

NarrowMinded

Polise has made me think of something... if your switch is still connected to the track, depending on how you wired it, it might cause the issue.

NM-Jeff