News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Niagra Tenders

Started by JoeSantora, November 23, 2011, 11:08:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeSantora

Greetings all. How do I get the decoder out of a Niagra's tender? I want to stick a Tsunami in there but all I can do is get one end of the tender off. Any thoughts?

Joe

on30gn15

When all esle fials, go run trains
Screw the Rivets, I'm building for Atmosphere!
later, Forrest

JoeSantora

I do have the IPB for the tender, but getting the front off is as far as I've been able to get.

Joe

richg

I searched the Bachmann forums and someone has that tender or very similar and the PC board I believe was glued in place. It was modified by someone else.
Just a guess. They mentioned the front comes off but could not remove anything.
Is this brand new from LHS or on line shop or private sale?
I assume you can see in thought the front of the tender with the front piece removed.

From the diagram page, it looks like the back of the tender is removable and there is a shelf with two weights, PC board, decoder, with the weights and speaker slides out the rear of the shell.
Look very carefully at the tender PDF diagram. You can increase the size of the PDF for a little more detail.
When you figure it out, post a photo or two of your results here to help others in the future.
No idea about speaker location though. I will have to give that more thought. Others will no doubt comment.

Rich