News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

New FA-2's

Started by garyraizes, November 26, 2011, 12:30:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garyraizes

Received my new FA-2/FB-2 today.  Runs well, but the units are not numbered.  While this is good if you want to have a series, it would have been nice to have decals included for the numbering so as to match the paint.  I assume number decals were not included rather than just left out of my set?

the Bach-man

Dear Gary,
The units are unnumbered for the reason you noted.
We don't include decals, but Microscale should have suitable numbers.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

MilwaukeeRoadfan261

For decals, you can also try woodland scenic's numeral decals. I have used them in the past and they are super easy to apply and they look great.

drewskie

Buddy and I received are prr fa2 units today. Both sound great and run even better. The 2 units hauled 40 cars easily around the club layout with a 1.5 %seconds grade. Have them decaled up and waiting for the prr fb2 sound units to come out. Thanks for a nice sound unit at a amazing price. More please!!

adari

Could someone please make a video of one?
I really want to see and here them
Adam

BillD53A

Use the Microscale decals.  Railroads used specific fonts on their rolling stock.  I think PRR used 'Clarendon Heavy Serif Bold' or something. 

ebtbob

Adari,

I do not have the facilities to do a video,  but as a serious modeler and an ALCO lover,  trust me when I say this is one GREAT engine!   The sound is outstanding,  but then,  that is what I have grown accustomed to from Tsunami technology.
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

rogertra

Quote from: ebtbob on November 30, 2011, 07:57:44 AM
Adari,

I do not have the facilities to do a video,  but as a serious modeler and an ALCO lover,  trust me when I say this is one GREAT engine!   The sound is outstanding,  but then,  that is what I have grown accustomed to from Tsunami technology.

Coming from you Bob, I'll take that as a great revue.  The GER could do with a few more FA-2s. :)

ebtbob

Roger,   trust me,   I was absolutely floored when I first saw and heard that engine.   Your money will be well spent.
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress

jward

anybody see or hear the s4 yet?
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

ebtbob

Jward,

Two weeks ago I saw the non sound version of the S4 at one of my store's distributors,  Emery.
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress

Rod in PA

Just received my new FA-2 with sound on board.  I couldn't wait to get it on the layout and give it a test run, as this was my first sound equipped loco.  I wish I could say that it sounds good and runs even better, but it didn't do either.  The instructions state that with DC operation, the engine should begin to idle and have some background sounds at around 5 volts.  At 2 volts, the headlight began to flash and a clicking noise came from the speaker (don't know what that was about?).  I slowly increased the voltage to 12 volts and nothing else happened (in either direction).  Has anyone else out there had any problems with the new FA-2?  I've purchased a number of Bachmann DCC equipped  locos in the past two years and haven't had any problems with them.  I was so hoping this would be a favorable experience with my first sound loco but it wasn't meant to be I guess.  I also received a Bachmann DCC equipped 44 Ton Switcher and it didn't work either (maybe just bad luck?).  Anyway, I'm sending them both back and will ask Santa for something else for Christmas.  Happy holidays to all. 

adari

Rod what type of power pack are you using? Also I would highly suggest investing into DCC.

Rod in PA

My layout is wired for dual cab operation and I use two PWM-851 (Pulse Width Modulation)hand held throttles.  They work great with all my other locos, including both DCC and non-DCC equipped locos.  DCC would be nice but expensive, and I would probably have to completely rewire my entire layout.

jward

rod
why would you have to completely rewire your railroad for dcc? you should be able to pull one of your throttles and replace it with a dcc command station.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA