Spectrum HO Scale Train Steam 4-6-0 DCC Tsunami Sound Southern 84904 (1906028751

Started by lilpuu, November 30, 2011, 10:51:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lilpuu

I ordered this item and when I received it the front pilot wheels were detached, The front cover of the train was off, and plus the train did not run. The sound was fine but no lights.

I had to send it back to the  "The Favorite Spot.com) spending $12.50 for shipping.
Who will reimburse me for this. Or do I get stuck with this item on shipping. Not my fault it's not working..

help?
>:( >:( >:( >:(

Doneldon

lil-

You need to take this up with theFavorite Spot but I imagine they will be unwilling to reimburse your shipping. Your only recourse may be to take them off of your places to buy list. Make sure they know you are doing so, assuming you do, so they'll have an opportunity to either make things right or at least learn from their bad policy. Above all, be courteous and not outraged so you don't come across as a jerk or a child. You will have the greatest chance of getting what you want with such an attitude. There's no guaranty but it's your best thing to do. Plus, being civil and mature is the right thing to do. Good luck.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                -- D

blwfish

Interesting.  I just received another Spectrum 4-6-0 (different paint, and I think different driver size) and my headlight doesn't work either. They're supposed to, right?  (It says operating headlight in the catalog.) And from the same source, too.

Pacific Northern

I have sympathy for those who order an item and the item arrives defective. This has come up before and most vendors, not all, will not reimburse a purchaser postal charges for returning defective items.

I know of a couple of hobby shops who will not only reimburse you the cost of returning defective items, they will forward you a prepaid return box. However, when you are using discount retailers this is seldom the case.

I am curious, did the vendor sent a replacement item to you after you returned the defective item?
Pacific Northern

lilpuu

I have not heard from The Favorite Spot yet, but I think I will cal and cancel my order. I advised them to send me another one ut maybe I can stop them from delivery.

A shout out to NINT for sending me a speaker for my diesel, He is a great and generous person.

lilpuu

As for  Affairs with Trains in Deer Valley,AZ. Bob the owner will not help you much unless he is making money. He is a sarcastic person and gladly tell you take your business elsewhere. Will not help you much.

uncbob

Quote from: blwfish on December 01, 2011, 07:52:21 AM
Interesting.  I just received another Spectrum 4-6-0 (different paint, and I think different driver size) and my headlight doesn't work either. They're supposed to, right?  (It says operating headlight in the catalog.) And from the same source, too.
My headlight doesn't work either
I think this was a not uncommon problem with them
Don't know if there is a home type fix that can be done

Pacific Northern

I assume you tried turning the headlight on? They are usually off when you get them, at least mine were.
I have 7 or 8 4-6-0's and have had no problems with any of them. But I did have to turn the headlight on.
Pacific Northern

uncbob

Quote from: Pacific Northern on December 06, 2011, 01:02:22 AM
I assume you tried turning the headlight on? They are usually off when you get them, at least mine were.
I have 7 or 8 4-6-0's and have had no problems with any of them. But I did have to turn the headlight on.
You assumed correctly

blwfish

Quote from: Pacific Northern on December 06, 2011, 01:02:22 AM
I assume you tried turning the headlight on?

Yep, I did. In my case, everything else works - sound, motor, etc.