News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann EM-1 with sound module

Started by richg, December 27, 2011, 12:15:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

richg

I watch the You Tube site regularly and do a lot of searching. Below is a link to the EM-1 with added sound module.
I bet the other new sound ones will show up pretty soon.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kfF3VbQTR8

I would take time to search You Tube regulrly.

Rich

curtwbb

Curt Webb

Doneldon

Rich-

Is it just me or did the loco slow slightly at 1:52
when you the operator blew the whistle?
                                                              -- D

jonathan

Yep, I posted this link in my other thread.

The B&O purists are gonna throw a fit on this one.  The EM-1 had a very unique hooter whistle sound.  The recordings I've heard are somewhat distorted, but the prototype whistle sounds like a huge, single chime, steamboat whistle.  That's my opinion.  I'm not the most learned on locomotive whistles, so don't take my opinion as gospel.  It is possible some of the EM-1's got the B&O 3 chime whistle, but I haven't read that anywhere.

I saw the three whistle options on the Soundtraxx sheet.  I don't know that any of them have the actual whistle sound.  This has been discussed ad nauseum on other sites.

Regards,

Jonathan

richg

I am quite sure more are going to install the TSU1000.
I sometimes wonder if the person/s who design the sound decoders are actually model railroaders. I suspect most are not, at least in the Bachmann company.
SoundTraxx I think should be doing a better job at this but I wonder what a company like SoundTraxx "might" pay to obtain sounds.

Rich

Bucksco

Quote from: richg on December 28, 2011, 01:53:43 PM
I am quite sure more are going to install the TSU1000.
I sometimes wonder if the person/s who design the sound decoders are actually model railroaders. I suspect most are not, at least in the Bachmann company.
SoundTraxx I think should be doing a better job at this but I wonder what a company like SoundTraxx "might" pay to obtain sounds.

Rich

SoundTraxx does the sound recording and sampling for all of the decoders.

richg

I should have mentioned, where did they get there sounds for the EM-1?

Yes, I know, reproducing via a one inch diameter speaker is not the best and many hear things differently. I have heard the EM-1 on a couple videos but I am not a rivet counter.

RIch

GN.2-6-8-0

O.K take a peek , got to the club last night and installed the sound module and am fairly pleased with it,only problem to be sorted out is we were unable to access the sound files in order to change the the default whistle or check any of the other sound files,we're using Decoder Pro 3 with a PTB-100 booster so if anyone else has had this problem would be apprecitive of hearing from you.

http://youtu.be/VKysxo0Hf1E
Rocky Lives