News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Acela rear loco fire

Started by PMB91181, September 04, 2011, 03:51:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PMB91181

Hello, I am recently trying to get back into the hobbie and have used Bachmann trains since I was a kid, I have a few Bachmann N scale sets, Yard Boss & HighBaller, that work flawlessly over the past few years.  I recently purchased the Acela Express set off amazon.com, I have had no trouble with the set till this morning when the rear loco light direction board shorted and melted the loco shell, and also took out the dcc board on the cafe power car, I was able to confirm the moter still works on the cafe car and checked it with the multimeter.  On the plus side all the cars still light up and the front loco direction control circuit still works. I guess I will be calling Bachmann service in on Tuesday to see what I can do to get replacement loco shell, direction board, and DCC board for the cafe car. I had to laugh cause I have never seen this happen before, running it on Easy Track that came with the set and a Bachman right hand switch and some extrat Bachmann Easy track from my other sets along with the factory transformer, Guess I will relay on the trusty 0-6-0 Santa Fe to pull my cars for now.

PMB91181

I a, happy  ;D to report that the Cafe Car is still good, so it looks like just the rear loco had an issue, my guess now is a wiring fault or something on the board for that.

PMB91181

I spoke to service, they said it sounded like a short too, just copied my receipt and wrote up a letter and will mail the charcoal Acela to customer service for replacement.

PMB91181

My Acela runs again, thank you Bachmann Service for your fast and speedy exchange of my rear loco.  ;D Now I need to try to hunt down more cars for it  ::)

n-scale chesapeake & ohio

great to hear that it is up and running !!!
models the C&O in 1945-55 happily in Canada :D