News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

EZ Track Turnouts

Started by Sunnyfield, December 16, 2011, 09:33:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sunnyfield

Thanks to the recommendations and the help I received on this forum I now have the proper EZ Track DCC #4 turnouts. However, when attaching a piece of track to the diverging route and the straight through routes the pieces hit against each other preventing them to both be attached to the turnout. Am I wrong in modifying the connecting tracks by cutting a small piece off of each OR  am I doing something wrong when attaching them?
Again, thank you for ALL the correct advice I have received on this forum!

mf5117

If I remember correctly your turnout should have come with a 2 1/4 straight piece of track . If you look underneath the road bed of that piece you will see diagonal scores that you can remove for right and left fits . If you do not have this piece yes you will have to modify a piece to fit hope this helps .

mf5117

Also a good tool I used was Anyrail.com .The program has a good data base of Bachmann EZ Track . The program will only allow you 50 pcs  ,then if you want to go farther you can buy the rest of the program . But the 50 pcs was plenty . When I was configuring some complex diversions I used the software to fit and see what pieces I would need before getting frustrated ,trying to fit #5's together or the standards to get a good double oval or a switching yard type scenario . due to I didn't do the math and the geometry or really plan a layout . I just started buying track and having fun . You pick your piece they attach together then you can right click your mouse and you have the rotate ,delete ,disconnect and so forth option . If you do use the software and you see and use the track data base .And it come across the top half of your screen .Just click the track icon and you will see the Bachmann track with a check in the box . Just uncheck the box and it will go away .until you need the track portion again.