News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

New Product

Started by ebtbob, December 09, 2011, 09:38:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ebtbob

Good Evening All,

Many times when we discuss new products we talk of rolling stock or engines.    I would like to offer up a different idea for Bachmann's consideration.
      I recently bought one of the Bachmann track cleaning tank cars.   Unlike the Walthers' car there are no replacement pads.    I have been told that the pad is washable,  but that will not help when the pad starts to wear down.
      Based on the way the pad is mounted to the bottom of the car,   I think it would be easy enough to offer up the pad assembly as a separate product.
      The car is good as any track cleaning car I already own,  but in the $30.00 range,  unless pads become available,  I will have to reconsider purchasing any more of this cars.
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

Jerrys HO

Bob-

I also purchased the track cleaning tank car. I was under the assumption the pads were replaceable. I am not sure but I thought I read this on another post where the Bachman chimed in saying these pads are replaceable. Did I over read or misread a post? Happens a lot to me I suffer from crc.

Jerry

Jerrys HO

ebtbob

Jerry,

No appology necessary.   Look at Bachmann's answer.   Put the pad in the dishwasher and then let it dry.    I don't know about anyone else,  but when I run track cleaning cars,  I find it necessary to stop after a period of time and clean the pad and then continue the cleaning process.   If I have to put it in the dishwasher,  etc.   then that just extends the time I need to clean my track.   
        The other thing to be concerned about is how long the pad will last before it starts to wear out because of going over railjoiners,  turnouts,  etc.
Right now,  when that happens,   you need to purchase a whole new car and at the current price(it will only get more expensive in the future) that is not as attractive as using Walther's car and replacing the pad at a cost of approx.  $6.00.
        Let us be perfectly clear,   I really like the Bachmann car but once the pad is worn out,  then I will not be able to continually buy a new car on my fixed income.
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

captain1313

And then there are us folks that don't have an automatic dishwasher.......just the old fashion two handed type.

Kevin