Dynamis Signal Problems, Do you Have them? Found something.

Started by NarrowMinded, December 18, 2011, 06:48:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NarrowMinded

So I have heard a lot of people describe a problem getting a signal with their Dynamis System, I have been lucky with mine and only have had issues when the batteries in the hand held control are low, Until last Night...

I hooked everthing up to run the G-Scale trains I always run with it around the tree, turned it on to enjoy the train hauling presents around and DANG! wont get a signal... changed the batteries... no signal,

The green LED on the base is flashing rapidly, and no matter what I do I can't get a signal and  the Green LED is still flashing so I put it away and hooked up the old trusty DC power pack and let one train run around.

This morning I get up, hook the Dynamis Up to another section of track plug turn it on and its fine, so I connect it back to the tree layout DANG! no signal... Whats differant? the layout and the Receptacle I am using, So I unplug it and run an extention cord from the other receptacle and YES it works!!!

So what the difference ? the problem plug has a dimmer switch on it that was not turned on fully so the plug in power supply was being starved of power,  because I have read others describe the same condition I tested it and found issues starting at about 105vac input to the pack.

So if you have this problem put a meter on your Receptacle to see what the output voltage is and remember to turn on anything that may run on that circuit your voltage may drop to the point of causing  problems under load.

Even a Poor connection in your house circuit could cause issues.

NM-Jeff

Jerrys HO

That's something a lot of people would overlook. I try to keep mine all on there own circuit. It must have drove you crazy for a while.

Jerry

Jim Banner

Yet another reason for all model railroaders to own a Digital Volt-Ohm-Amp meter.  I cannot imagine model railroading without one.

Jim
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.