News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

HO Locomotives

Started by tommytuna, December 29, 2011, 06:38:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tommytuna

Does Bachmann make a DCC Steam Locomotive that has smoke, sound, and lights already on board?

richg

Quote from: tommytuna on December 29, 2011, 06:38:20 PM
Does Bachmann make a DCC Steam Locomotive that has smoke, sound, and lights already on board?

Check the Product Information page near the top of this page.

Rich

NWsteam

QuoteDoes Bachmann make a DCC Steam Locomotive that has smoke, sound, and lights already on board?

Yes with everything except the smoke...

-Brad

Doneldon

tt-

Just the 0-6-0. I think the combination of motor, lights, sound and smoke pulls too much electricity so they leave the smoke out of most lokies. If you ask me, that's a good decision.
                                      -- D

NWsteam

opps! I forgot the 0-6-0 has DCC now, but it doesn't have sound.

I think of these 4 options you should sacrifice on the smoke...You'll be happier in the long run.

-Brad

Doneldon

tt-

Other posters to the contrary, the Bachmann 0-6-0 does have DCC, sound, lights and smoke.

-- D

on30gn15

Here,

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/products.php?act=viewProd&productId=3355

QuoteLocation: /HO Scale/Steam Locomotives/DCC-Equipped Steam Locomotives

New Product
standard
DCC

USRA 0-6-0 & Slope Tender

Road Name: Baltimore & Ohio® #353

Product Information

With smoke and operating headlight.

Bachmann Industries, Inc. is an official licensee of CSX Corporation and is authorized to use trademarks owned and/or registered by CSX Corporation.

Price: $109.00

Product Code: 51603
When all esle fials, go run trains
Screw the Rivets, I'm building for Atmosphere!
later, Forrest

Reinhard S

Hi,

Although the smoke developed is an interesting display when operating your railroad empire for others the residue it deposits over time on the rails is undesirable.  I have several locos from MTH with sound, lights, DCC (DCS), and smoke and have turned the smoke unit permanently off, for the above reason, right out of the box.  With this said, do the Bachmann units have a similar switch which turns off the smoke unit?

All the best.

Reinhard

Joe323

Quote from: Reinhard S on December 30, 2011, 09:29:30 AM
Hi,

Although the smoke developed is an interesting display when operating your railroad empire for others the residue it deposits over time on the rails is undesirable.  I have several locos from MTH with sound, lights, DCC (DCS), and smoke and have turned the smoke unit permanently off, for the above reason, right out of the box.  With this said, do the Bachmann units have a similar switch which turns off the smoke unit?

All the best.

Reinhard

Not that I am aware of but I have the 0-6-0 descibed above and the smoke has never worked anyway. no great loss.