News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann 9" straight rerailer

Started by datasys, December 21, 2011, 03:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

datasys

Does the 9" straight terminal rerailer use or have positive and negative contacts?  if SO how do i tell which side is what?  i'm having serious short circuit problems when i connect the RED power wire to the rerailer.  Does the red wire go on a particular side of the rerailer terminal ends or is it marked in any way?  i have looked at the top, sides and bottom and i can';t find any markings indicating polarity.   can someone help?  i can provide a photo of my layout, maybe there is a reverse loop i can't see as such. i am using MRC 520 reverse loop modules on each of two reverse loop sections that even i can tell they are reverse loops, but my layout is very large and full of turnoffs and i can't tell if there are more than the 2 reverse loops i can see.

HELP me obi-wan-kenobi   you're my ONLY hope!

Jerrys HO

data-

First off a pic. would have been a great start as you mentioned you could provide.

The red wire that plugs into the rerailer can go either way, but if you have more than one feeder you must put it in with the same polarity as the others. A digital multimeter is a great way to check this and has been mentioned quite often on this forum.

A pic. would help determine your reverse loops and a little diagram on how you have it wired would help a lot.

Jerry