News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

#6 crossover

Started by sfm, December 21, 2011, 01:02:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sfm

is there a way to seperate controll of the 2 tracks joined by this # 6 crossover 1 controll powers both how do i make each track operate with its own controller it is regular dc analog set up. using ez track....

Len

Short answer, no. For reasons known only to Bachmann decision makers at the time, the #6 Crossover was designed for use in DCC layouts, with no provision for simple (e.g., removable jumpers) method to convert it for use in a DC layout.

That said, it is possible to modify it, by making gaps in the rails and the electrical connections underneath, for use in a DC layout. Use the forum 'Search' function to find the link to the instructions on how to do this.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

Jhanecker2

Excuse me: There are tow sets of  # 6 crossovers .   # 44575  & # 44576   remote left & right respectively ,and
# 44137  & # 44138  # 6 crossovers  again left & right   remote DCC  . Are both sets constructed the same electrically ?   Which set is sfm trying to convert ?

sfm

thnq to hunt for not trying to make me feel stupid! no I did not buy crossovers for dcc only.. just for the record I am a novice at this after 36 years of work and lack of time. now have time to pursue a childhood fascination, so anything I ask is because of severe lack of knowledge..

Doneldon

sfm-

Your candor about being new at this is refreshing and admirable. Please feel free to ask all the questions you want. Most everyone here is welcoming of new model rails and the few grouches can be ignored. Some folks forget that there was a time when they didn't know AC from DC or the name for the car which follows a steam engine.

This hobby is, first and foremost, about fun. Welcome aboard.
                                                                                            -- D