News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

dimming light on EM-1

Started by blf, December 03, 2011, 11:48:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blf

Brand new to this form. Received my EM-1 this week, and it is one of the best running engine out of the box I have.  Feel the headlight is to bright but can't knock it down. CV 52 shows a range of 0 to 255 and defult of 64. Tried over and over to enter CV 52 to reduce brightness, but it wont take. Can change the address so I'm accessing the board. Am I missing something?  Bill

blf

No one having this problem but me? Re programed the acceleration and deacceleration to 100 each, and this engine is a blast to play with. Now, if only I could knock the brightness down. Instructions say I should be able to cut it in half with F1.  bill

ebtbob

Blf.....try function button #7.    #7 is the button I use to dim the headlight on all my Tsunami equipped engines and I believe it is Tsunami technology that Bachmann uses in their equipment.
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

blf

Tried F11, nothing, then F7, nothing. Bachman info with eng says F1, which is strange as that should be the bell. Down loaded manual says CV52 controls brightness. Should I be chinging CV41? Some one with more expertese than I have will have to figure this out. This is my first Bachman engene and first tsumime systeme. Man! what happened to fun with model railroading. I have a stack at least 4" high of operating manuals from a number of different systems. Bill

blf

Thanks Hunt, for your help. Dissapointed your post is missing. Glad I got the chance to read it once. Was going to print it for further evaluation, but it's gone. bill

blf

Just heard back from Bachmann on this problem. The dimming feature is on the sound board, and when we get them every thing will work. A big thank you Bachmann. What a great product. Bill

blf

Thanks Hunt: If it's a big problem how about adding a resester in the line? Bill

GN.2-6-8-0

Heres hoping Bachmann and Soundtrax add the documentation for the EM-1 to their website's soon.  ;D
Rocky Lives

blf

Thanks Hunt ,will give it a try when my sound module arrives. Realy need it on a single diget F number if possable. Bill