News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

DCC problem

Started by DM3712, December 25, 2011, 12:28:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DM3712

I recently purchased a Santa Fe GP 40 with DCC on board from e-bay. When I received the unit, everything worked fine in DC mode. I don't have my DCC set up yet, so I took the unit to my train club to try the DCC. I tried several addresses, but to no avail. I then tried to program the unit, but that was a no go as well. Now the unit will not work in reverse in DC mode. Can anyone help me with the DCC or DC problem???  :'(

Jerrys HO

DM

Try resetting the the engine back to factory settings.

Jerry

DM3712

Quote from: Jerrys HO on December 25, 2011, 08:53:05 AM
DM

Try resetting the the engine back to factory settings.

Jerry

Thanks Jerry.  :)  How do I do that?   ???

Jerrys HO

In your original post it says you don't have your DCC set up yet. Does this mean you have it and it's not set up or you are waiting to purchase one? You will need a DCC controller to reset the decoder.

Jerry

DM3712

Quote from: Jerrys HO on December 25, 2011, 09:39:00 AM
In your original post it says you don't have your DCC set up yet. Does this mean you have it and it's not set up or you are waiting to purchase one? You will need a DCC controller to reset the decoder.

Jerry

I have a DCC system, I just haven't set it up yet. I can go to my train club and use the DCC there to reset the loco.

Jerrys HO

You can  set up a programing track with the set you have. It does not have to be on the layout. Which system do you have?

Jerry

DM3712

Quote from: Jerrys HO on December 25, 2011, 09:56:47 AM
You can  set up a programing track with the set you have. It does not have to be on the layout. Which system do you have?

Jerry

I have the MRC Prodigy Express.