News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Sound Decoder

Started by mark4, December 26, 2011, 11:20:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mark4

Hello everyone,  I am running a mix of European and American Brands.  My problem is trying to find a sound decoder that sounds like a modern German Whistle.  The whistle sounds I have heard sound like steam generated and rightfully so since they are for steam engines. The electric and some diesel engines here in Germany have a shrill electronic type whistle.  The closest thing I can remember is the NYC subway had a whistle but now it has horns.  Has anyone heard any sound decoders that don't sound like steam whistles? Thank You
Mark4

richg

Quote from: Hunt on December 26, 2011, 02:29:08 PM
Check ESU – LokSound decoders.

They have European and USA sounds. I think they have UK sounds also. Take your time and look around, all the sound samples are available for download.

Rich

bobwrgt

Check Ebay UK. Search HO and OO scale for sound. I have purchased several items for UK and have never had a problem.

Bob

mabloodhound

Make sure to check Loksound (ESU) as they have a large variety of sounds.
Dave Mason

D&G RR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
"In matters of style, swim with the current;
in matters of principle, stand like a rock."   Thos. Jefferson

The 2nd Amendment, America's 1st Homeland Security

mark4

Thank You to everyone.  This is a help. I think I saw some ESU decoders at an electronics store that sells model train supplies.  Have to get a stock number and see if can match it up.  Also check out ebay GB.  Thanks again
Mark4