News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

EM-1 loco non sound decoder

Started by richg, December 27, 2011, 01:13:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

richg

I wonder if the Powers To Be can tell us who makes the motor decoder for the loco?
As I understand it, the loco runs on a non sound decoder and the sound module plugs into the 21 pin connector for sound only.
Does SoundTraxx make the non sound decoder?
SoundTraxx this past year came out with a new non sound decoder and I am wondering if the features are in the motor decoder for the loco?
I can guarantee it, some hacker will figure it out so maybe the PTB will tell us now.

Rich

richg

Hi Hunt

I kind of figured that.
Someone in another forum replaced the decoders in the EM-1 because they have "heard" of the poor response of Bachmann on board decoders in the past. I think they used the heavy steam Tsunami.
I just wanted to see it in print. By PTB, I meant the Bach Man or another one I have seen respond here.

A few forums still have people living in the past with Bachmann issues or depending on, They Say or I Heard.

Rich

Doneldon

Quote from: richg on December 27, 2011, 10:41:16 PM
A few forums still have people living in the past with Bachmann issues or depending on, They Say or I Heard.

Rich-

There will always be people living in the past and quoting non-authoritative authorities.

-- D