News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Track

Started by darthraven, December 27, 2011, 07:38:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darthraven

I was looking in the product information section, at the track.  Does bachmann offer non e-z track for HO scale?  I didn't see it if they do.

the Bach-man

Dear Darth,
No, we don't.
Check your local hobby shop.
Happy New Year!
the Bach-man

NarrowMinded

They no longer pakage basic track. years ago they did.

there are a number of companies that produce it though and it generaly all works great.

Be aware of differant code rail which is the size of the rail within the scale, the rail used in EZ track is HO Code 100 size rail.

NM-Jeff

NarrowMinded

Man that bach-man is fast must have posted at about the same time. ;D

darthraven

My local hobby shop is about 3 hours away.  Thank you for the information though.

Doneldon

darth-

You can purchase track online or at ebay, even three-foot flex track. I do suggest that you use flex track as it has fewer joints and thus somewhat better conductivity. Be sure that your turnouts, crossings and whatever are the same code rail as the flex. It's not the end of the world if they don't match but it is a nuisance and a time waster to adapt different sizes of rail. Flex track also lets you make those little adjustments which are sometimes needed to make everythinhg play nicely together.
                                                                                                                                 -- D