News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

HO track layout

Started by Donster, December 26, 2011, 05:11:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donster

I would like to build a 4 by 8 ot 5 by 9 ho double deck train layout, need help with plans on table and track.  Would like to be able to run two trains and have place for side tracks for parking trains.  Any help would be appreciated, thanks Donster

ebtbob

Donster,

Try to get a copy of the Kalbach book about HO layouts for the beginner.   This book will get you started on the right track,  no pun intended.
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

CNE Runner

Don - Also check the Model Railroader database of track plans that is on their website. To access this feature, you must be a current subscriber to MR. Over the years MR has featured many layouts within the size parameters you have specified.

Regards,
Ray
"Keeping my hand on the throttle...and my eyes on the rail"

Terry Toenges

A good layout book is "101 Track Plans" by Linn Wescott.
Feel like a Mogul.

ebtbob

Donster,

I gave you some wrong info.   The beginners book I refered to is from Atlas,  not Kalback.
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

BIG BEAR

Donster,

Not to insult anyones intellegence, but for clarification: 4x8 is a sheet size for plywood and the 5x9 is the size of a ping-pong table. After all this is where all layouts start at, deciding what size do I really want? consider where you want it and how much space is in that place.

Enjoy,
  Barry
Barry,

...all the Live long day... If she'd let me.

jward

since the atlas plan books were mentioned, in the book 7 step by step ho model railroads look at plan HO28. this layout, also known as the granite gorge & northern, features 2 main tracks which cross over each other on a brigde, a small yard, and branch line connections between the two mains. it is designed for 5x9. the book includes complete construction and wiring diagrams for the layout as well.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA