News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

New To HO Scale

Started by Hokiedoo, December 30, 2011, 01:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hokiedoo

Hey all i'm new to HO scale,I've been doing N scale for the past 15 years or so,but I wanted to do something as a side project in HO,I was looking at a GP-40 & GP-30 by Backmann,are they a pretty good running engine???

Thank's,John 

Jim Banner

Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

CNE Runner

John - Do I detect someone else whose eyesight no longer allows participation in N-scale? A buddy of mine just sold all his HO stuff and delved into N...I can't easily see the trucks - let alone the finer details.

I have never had a 'bad' Bachmann locomotive from their recent line. Our GE 45 Ton runs like a gem and has been trouble free (I run trains virtually every day). I do own a Bachmann GP 35 (from their less expensive line) that was my first DCC-equipped locomotive and that runs very well...although is a bit of a 'growler'.

In summary, I don't think you can go wrong with a Bachmann product...especially their Spectrum line.

Ray
"Keeping my hand on the throttle...and my eyes on the rail"

jward

the biggest difference you'll find in the way those two units run is that the gp30 has a flywheel, the gp40 doesn't.

i have examples of both on my layout, and i like them both.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

Hokiedoo

Thank's for the info everyone :0),I ordered both of them :0).....and Ray your absolutely right,LOL,without my reading glasses my N scale trains are a blur,LOL

,John