News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Pegasus Set

Started by jleight, January 02, 2012, 10:15:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jleight

Does the Pegasus Set #00690 come with Nickel Silver E-Z Track or the cheap steel strack? This should be in the item description. Thanks.

darthraven

according to this site which also sells the set (hope this isn't considered against the rules) it is N/S track.

http://www.hobbylinc.com/htm/bac/bac00690.htm

jleight

Thanks. I need to get some NS track anyway and this would affect my decision to buy the set. I was disappointed when I bought the Thomas Christmas Set and it came with steel track. I don't use steel track so this just gets pitched or put out on eBay. The NS track adds to the overall value of the sets and sometimes makes the difference in purchasing or not.

Doneldon

jl-

Be advised that the Pegasus set isn't really designed for regular running. It is very small and light so electrical contact gets spotty, even with spic and span track. It's probably okay for an occasional run but it's really a display item.
                                                                                                          -- D

jleight

I know. That's why the track type is crucial to my decision. If I am just buying the train then this is an expensive shelf item. If I get NS track with it then it becomes more plausible to buy and use the track for another layout. I have all of the other sets in this line so I am aware of the style. When I bought the Christmas Thomas and it came with Steel I was concerned about the other sets which didn't specify the track type. Wish they specified all the details of the sets.