News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Does Bachmann make a powered truck?

Started by BlueFox, January 09, 2012, 06:13:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueFox

Does anyone know if Bachmann makes a powered truck?  I couldn't find any by searching their product database.  I'm rebuilding a homemade wooden 60's era Doodlebug and the powered truck assembly is totaly wore out (all screw holes are stripped out, homemade shims, etc.  It's toast!)  I picked up this little gem at a train show for $5 and would like to get it going again as it is in otherwise good condition; fully lighted, seated painted figures and interior, etc.  A lot of work was put into this unit when it was hand-built way-back-when.  When I can get it running again I plan on adding DCC to it and change all the light bulbs to LED's.

Thanks,

Frank

BlueFox

Jerry;

Thanks for the url but it turns out that every place I checked for the part number it's sold out!  I couldn't find anyplace that had one in stock.  Bummer!

Frank

Doneldon

BF-

Yes, it's out of stock but only temporarily. That usually means it
should be back in supply within several months. Bachmann removes
items from their catalog when they are permanently discontinued.

-- D

ebtnut

You might also consider OSO Railworks.  They have a new line of power trucks that might fill the bill.

CNE Runner

Hmmm, a Bachmann power truck could equal a scratchbuilt 'critter'. I'll have to look for one of these.

Ray
"Keeping my hand on the throttle...and my eyes on the rail"