News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

2-6-2??

Started by RevJJ, January 06, 2012, 06:48:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RevJJ

Since there seem to be threads asking for another Baldwin 4-4-0 between the IF and OF versions (both wonderful...I really don't see a need for another), and since I posted the picture of a Stearns Heisler several years ago when the Vulcan Duplex announcement was met with, shall we say, lukewarm appreciation...may I offer another humble suggestion.

Take about 1/2 of the On30 Mallet and give us a small catalog prairie

Here's a look at one left in New Jersey

http://www.steamlocomotive.info/onephoto.cfm?display=852

Seems to me that the mechanism already exists in the 2-6-6-2 undercarriage, and this would make a nice little addition to the line.  BTW the new Heisler looks GREAT!

Royce Wilson

This looks like a great little  engine!..just think of the bashing possibilities. ::)

Royce

Dusten Barefoot

OOO Yes I would love to see her made, and her sister.

Rock On!
~Dusten
I know I pester the hell out of everone over a 4-6-0
E.T.&.W.N.C, TWEETSIE, LINVILLE.
www.tweetsierailroad.com
http://www.johnsonsdepot.com/crumley/tour1.htm
#12 and 10-Wheelers
Black River & Southern
Rock On & Live Strong
Dusten

ebtnut

Last I knew, unfortunately, No. 26 is no longer in steam.  Probably boiler time expired.  But yes, she would make a great model in On30/On3.

DM

the Bach-man

Dear All,
I like the Sandy River 2-6-2 myself!
Have fun!
the Bach-man

RevJJ

Quote from: the Bach-man on January 10, 2012, 11:21:21 PM
Dear All,
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Which one?  They had several, some built out of older moguls by the MC, and two new ones, the 23 was the bigger one, the 24 the cuter one.

railtwister

Dear All,
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Me too, Mr. Bach-man, especially their #24, but I would also be interested in a smaller logging type 2-6-2 loco, or even a 2-6-2T tank loco.

Bill in FL

Jim Goodridge

Dear All,
Have fun!
the Bach-man

I would like to see any of the SR&RL 2-6-2's offered, #24 is the nicest in my opinion but any of them would do.

Best Regards
Jim

WBEL On30

I agree, the #24 is the best looking one, although as others have said any SR&RL 2-6-2 would do nicely!!!!!!!!!!!!

This would be a real fine addition to my motive power since my railroad is populated with the SR&RL equipment to date from Bachmann. I have the Forneys, the cabooses, and a few of the pulpwood cars ( need more undecorateds! ) so I am all for this!!!

Vince

ossygobbin

i would love to see a SRRL O/F prairie but would suggest one of the others say no18 as i think this could be made into reasonable copies of any of the others 6,15,16,19 with a little kitbashing therefore more sales. no 23 & 24 are nice but a bit bigger than the others and you would only buy one of them.

Jim Goodridge

Quote from: ossygobbin on January 11, 2012, 02:39:39 PM
i would love to see a SRRL O/F prairie but would suggest one of the others say no18 as i think this could be made into reasonable copies of any of the others 6,15,16,19 with a little kitbashing therefore more sales. no 23 & 24 are nice but a bit bigger than the others and you would only buy one of them.

I can't disagree with your logic regarding number 18, but.....

regarding #'s 23 & 24, I couldn't buy just one, it would be like having just one potato chip!

Best Regards
Jim

ossygobbin

Dear All,
Have fun!
the Bach-man

is that a leak    ;) ;)

lvrr325

Any of you guys seen what Peterboro is doing?  They have a guy custom bashing various new types of locomotive by combining parts of existing engines.  Excellent work on them.