News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Proud Owner

Started by wilson44512, January 08, 2012, 02:21:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wilson44512

Of  a new train set. "Civil War - Confederate . just want to say hi to every one. Just joined. 49 year old rookie here. lol First train set in over 30 years. Looking forward to learning more from you guys.

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/products.php?act=viewProd&productId=3668

Jerrys HO

wilson

WELCOME ABOARD, looking forward to hearing more from you. ;D

I can say I am a 49yr. old beginner also in HO. Modeled O most of my life. Started out with my brother's S scale. I love this DCC stuff, very challenging.

This forum has helped me tremendously. The people on here are great!

Jerry

mdmeyers1982

Well I'm 29... going on 12 lol... I was a big time train junkie in my youth and I am just now getting back into it. That confederate set is pretty cool looking, I LOVE the engine. Welcome back and read the posts, this forum is great and everyone is very friendly and helpful

Cheers!
-Mike

on30gn15

Cool  ;D

A couple of Yahoo Groups which may be of interest.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Civil_War_RRs/
QuoteThis is a group for individuals interested in the history & modeling of American Civil War Rail Roads. Though we cover the ante-bellum period though the end of Reconstruction, our focus is American railroads from 1860 through 1865. Sample topics include the U.S.M.R.R., the W&A, the O&A, the B&O., sharing model & layout photos, souces of modeling supplies, & archival resources. We are proud of our ever expanding bibliography of primary & secondary souces on railroads in the Civil War. Our goals are (1) to help preserve & disseminate Civil War railroad history and (2) to be an aid to individuals modeling the railroads and railway systems of this period. Group discussions & sharing are encouraged. If you wish to join, Yahoo will automatically email you a copy of our Membership Agreement. To join you must respond through the yahoo system specifically stating that, yes, you accept all the terms of the Agreement. We also run a 2nd site (Civil War Railroad Pix) for our overflow photo archives.
Thank you,
D.C. Cebula, Moderator

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EarlyRail/
QuoteDescription

Are you interested in modeling early railroads? This list includes railroads both in and outside of the USA. The start of World War 1 is the general cut-off date for this list.

Possible topics include: motive power, rolling stock, broad gauge, narrow gauge, different track styles, early trolleys and interurbans, US Civil war era, structures and much more.

Where do I get horses in my scale? How about people in the right costume? What scale can I find the most stuff in?

The Early Rail Model Kits Cooperative, our kit-creating special interest group is here:

ER_Kits

If you're interested in slightly later period railroading as well, there's a group for that at:

1914to1940RRing
When all esle fials, go run trains
Screw the Rivets, I'm building for Atmosphere!
later, Forrest