News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Servicing a Bachman GP 38 DCC/DC

Started by Bill B, January 11, 2012, 09:12:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill B

I am new to the hobby. What do I need to do to insure continued good performance. I have run it about 4 hours so far? What lubricants are needed and where? :)

on30gn15

First thing which comes to mind is that more trains die from over-lubrication than even from getting cat hair wound around the gears.

Playing in Google found this for another manufacturer, would wager similar holds true here.

"Model Railway Track and Locomotive Maintenance
www.newrailwaymodellers.co.uk/Maintenance.htm
New Railway Modellers, the model railway website dedicated to beginners and .... Hornby recommend lubrication every 100 running hours or every 6 months. ..."
When all esle fials, go run trains
Screw the Rivets, I'm building for Atmosphere!
later, Forrest

Jerrys HO

Checking out this link and noticed an electronic track cleaner. Has anyone used this before? Does it work? Sounds like an electrical problem waiting to happen.
As stated in the link the best way to clean Nickel Silver track is with a soft cloth. I like to use micro-fiber cloth. I have two methods. Once a month I wipe down the track with one cloth with track cleaning fluid and come behind that with a dry cloth. Once a week I do a dry wipe or before I run my loco's.

Jerry

Bill B