News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

EZ track switch length connectors

Started by GoCanes, January 09, 2012, 09:27:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoCanes

Securing layout to benchwork top, and I am trying a couple changes, that bring up a new issue.

A standard switch is (the straight part) 6 and 5/16 long.   So what connectors can I use to balance an opposing side?

1.25 and 1.5 inch connectors obviously won't work. 

Should I cut down my own 1 and 5/16 section (or add in a Atlas snap track section) or just forget the new changes and go back to a balanced layout?

Thanks

GoCanes

Am I the only one with this dilemna, or am I somehow measuring the standard switch length wrong?  (I'm sure it is 6 and 5/16" long)

Thus, and oval with say four 5" straights on one side, and three 5" straights and a switch on the other becomes out of skew.

Frustrating   :(

James in FL

You think its frustrating now, Bachmann just released the proper size to do this with just this past year or so. We've been waiting on this for years.

Anyway... to do it you will need to get a pack of assorted small straight sections product code 44899. You will need two of the 1¼ sections from that pack.
You will also need to get a 90° crossing pack product code 44841 and use two of the fitter pieces from that as well. Those fitter pieces measure 1.906 and are sold only with that crossing not available otherwise.

2x 1.25 + 2x 1.906 = 6.312

It would be so much easier if Bachmann would just sell a 2 pack of 6 5/16in. pieces.

GoCanes

Thanks.  I bought the expensive pack with the 4.5, 2.5 and smaller section, and couldn't get it.

I actually looked at that crossing set yesterday, and was figuring out what else to do.

I did cut a section of Atlas snap track code 80 to 6 and 5/16", and fit it in between two ez track sections.  Need a couple bridges over canals anyway, so I may go with that. (you must saw off plastic joiners of those sides of EZ track, and unless a bridge section, use HO roadbed under at 3/16" high)

Snap track code 80 is NOT a perfect fit to EZ track, you need to file and fit it for best connection and conductivity

Strange Bachmann didn't come out with 1 5/16" sections already.  (I would love to see one in each switch package )  ;)

Other than that, love the EZ track, the switches work great, and it ballasts up and weathers really nice.

Easy to customize the wiring system too (for connecting to ATLAS CONNECTORS, CONTROLLERS, TWINS AND SUCH)