News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Harry Potter HO Train set

Started by rbwdriven, January 09, 2012, 07:40:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rbwdriven

Ok I'm 100% new to trains.

My son told me he wanted a train set for xmas.

As a good dad I made it happen.  Got a set, a 4 x 8 sheet with a full scale display on it etc. Purchased a Harry Potter train set (used) off ebay.

The trains front end was broke ( two wheels up front), the shaft that they pivot around was broke.

I glued it and all was good.

We yesterday, we had a little boy not my son over to the house.

He dropped the train by accident.

Well the train hit the floor, sheered off the front end and also the front wheel rotation pin.

Is there a way to find a complete chassis for this train, so I can not have this issue anymore?

MilwaukeeRoadfan261

Try the Bachmann Service department. Just order the parts and repair it yourself, and if you wanted you could order enough parts to build a completely new engine.

rbwdriven

I guess I really need to look at it in more detail and figure out what is broke versus what is needed.

Doneldon

rbw-

It wouldn't surprise me if purchasing a new locomotive is cheaper than buying parts for an extensive repair. However, I don't know that the Hogwart's Express items were sold separately. I would check ebay but be open to using a different loco, if necessary.
                                                                                                                                                -- D

rbwdriven

appreciate it on the advice.

I'm going to take pictures and actually figure out what i need.

I found some parts on the spare parts list but like you said it is rapidly adding up.

I've thought of doing a shell swap, like I do with cars but not sure what I would need.

We thought about going to Hobby Town and finding out what we needed but I'm sure the **** factor would come in really quick.