News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

DCC wiring

Started by richg, January 19, 2012, 04:40:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

richg

I just answered someones question in another forum about wiring a turntable on a DCC layout. The below link shows one possibility and there is a lot more on wiring a DCC layout. The book looks pretty good. If you are good with your PC, you can save the pages that are viewable

http://tinyurl.com/7jk3ka5

Rich

Jerrys HO

rich

Nothing coming up on my end.

Jerry

richg

You are right. I will go look for it.

Rich

richg

Jerrys HO

Great link as usual, but for the newcomer's this is NOT for the Bachmann turntable.

Thanks rich I enjoy reading your links and saving them for future reading and projects.

Jerry

richg

Quote from: Jerrys HO on January 19, 2012, 05:27:15 PM
Great link as usual, but for the newcomer's this is NOT for the Bachmann turntable.

Thanks rich I enjoy reading your links and saving them for future reading and projects.

Jerry

Yes, I know. That is why I said possibility.
I have seen questions about the turntables that have been on the market for sometime and there is a lot more info about DCC wiring.
Some here have asked about DCC books and the price seems reasonable for those who do not want to bother looking at the different websites sites that have all kinds of DCC info. Some rather look at a paper book.

I will have to take time to find and download the manual for the Bachmann TT out of curiosity.

Rich

Jerrys HO

I have the Bachmann turntable and there is no manual just vague instructions. I have tinkered with mine a bit. Had a few minor problem's that I worked out.
Wish they had a breakdown diagram. If you find one please let me know.

Jerry

richg

Quote from: Jerrys HO on January 19, 2012, 06:27:14 PM
I have the Bachmann turntable and there is no manual just vague instructions. I have tinkered with mine a bit. Had a few minor problem's that I worked out.
Wish they had a breakdown diagram. If you find one please let me know.

Jerry

I have to assume the Bachmann is different than the Atlas TT. I think I read recently that the Bachmann TT connects to each track when it lines up. Not so with the Atlas.
I sure wish Bachmann would take time to improve some of their documentation.

Rich

Jerrys HO

rich

The only thing I can say are the same about these two are that they both turn. I own both and prefer the Bachmann over the Atlas as for a DCC turntable. My Atlas was never used and has the motor installed but when I saw the Bachmann tt I had to have it.
Yes you read correct it does connect to each track it lines up to. The way I believe it's wired is your #4 main line brings power up to the tt and then that little extension is wired to the center of the table. As the tt turns and lines with each siding it has contact points that connect powering the siding track. The contacts are similar to the Lifelike snap track w/roadbed. With this in mind you are not to bring another powered rail into the tt without using insulated joiners.
The detail is real nice with the shack on the bridge and the shed where the motor is installed (pretty much like the Atlas). Only thing I wish is that they made coverings for the tracks not being used. I plan on making my own out of styrene and adding some grass and ballast to disguise it. On the inside of the tt where the bridge is, the bottom plate is made on to the bridge and turns with the bridge so you can and I am going to throw a little grass and weeds in. I may even see if I can glue some rails down to make it a little more realistic.
Still would like the breakdown diagram like the loco's have.

Jerry