HO 4-6-0 Bachmann Southern #1004 Tsunami sound

Started by lilpuu, January 10, 2012, 05:12:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lilpuu

I have this locomotive by Bachmann, and I'm using the NEC Power pack Command.  I notice that the chug chug sound effects are faster then the train is going. Any help with slowing down the chug chug to match the speed of the train?

Being very new to this I don't know what I'm doing. They say you can do it on the power pack.  ??? ??? ::)

richg

Quote from: lilpuu on January 10, 2012, 05:12:32 PM
I have this locomotive by Bachmann, and I'm using the NEC Power pack Command.  I notice that the chug chug sound effects are faster then the train is going. Any help with slowing down the chug chug to match the speed of the train?

Being very new to this I don't know what I'm doing. They say you can do it on the power pack.  ??? ??? ::)

f I am reading this correctly, you have the NCE Power Cab. Look at the manual and the controller you hold in your hand.
The Power Cab comes with a manual and the SoundTraxx decoder manual is in this site.
I have the same loco and NCE Power Cab and I followed the instructions. There is a learning curve.

Rich

Tom M.

CV 116 controls the chuff rate of a Tsunami decoder.  You will need to alter the value of CV 116 to get the chuff rate "close" to the throttle setting.  You are looking to get 4 chuffs per drive wheel revolution.  You have to visually monitor a drive wheel and count the number of chuffs.  If you are getting more than 4 chuffs per revolution, you need to decrease the value of 116.

Unfortunately, you will not be able to get the chuff rate to perfectly match the throttle setting across the entire speed range of the loco.  So, pick the speed you most typically plan to run the loco and adjust the rate to match that.

To truly match the chuff rate to speed, you would need to have either a mechanical or optical cam installed in the loco.  That is the only way to have the chuff rate fully synchronized with the wheel revolutions.

Good luck,

Tom

lilpuu

Thanks Tom, I will check it out.
It can get very complicating.

richg

Stop watch.
Straight section of measured track.
Scale speed calculator in the below link.

http://home.cogeco.ca/~trains/rroperat.htm

So easy, even a caveman can do it.

Rich