My 4449 is broken and i dont know how to fix it :(

Started by random12multi, January 02, 2012, 04:11:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

random12multi

Well my freedom train (4449 in freedom colors) is broken and i think it has a cracked gear or something anyways does any1 know how to fix it it wont run :( 

Jhanecker2

If you purchased the train from a licensed Bachman dealer you may be able to return loco to have it serviced , or you could contact the Bachmann Service Department yourself by phone or the internet.

random12multi

Quote from: Jhanecker2 on January 02, 2012, 07:56:48 PM
If you purchased the train from a licensed Bachman dealer you may be able to return loco to have it serviced , or you could contact the Bachmann Service Department yourself by phone or the internet.
so I found out its th gear its cracked and it won't run :( and I honestly dontwant to ship it any ideas?

MilwaukeeRoadfan261

If it is the gear on the drive wheels, you could order a new set of GS-4 drive wheels from Bachmann's Service Department and replace them yourself. If it is a different gear, find a local hobby shop near you that is authorize to do repairs and bring it to them.

KarenNel

I bought a Bachmann train two years ago in Johannesburg South Africa, but it is giving me problems and does not want to work. Where can I have it serviced

Doneldon

Karen-

I'm assuming that you are in the States or Canada as your time is the same as CST. One option would be to return whichever part doesn't work to Bachmann in Filthadelphia. Be advised that they are very busy right now due to many trains being put into operation for Christmas and some breaking. I suggest that you call them first. You can find contact information on this web site.

Bachmann gives a lifetime warranty but you must pay $25 after the first year. Bachmann will substitute a new or rehabbed item if yours isn't worth fixing, in their opinion; you might want to keep that in mind if the broken item has sentimental value. Also, be aware that they sometimes substitute a different item, usually of greater value, if they are unable to repair your item or send an identical replacement.

A second option is to describe your broken item and what problem it has in detail and let the combined knowledge of the people on this board help you. I suspect there is as much product knowledge here as at Bachmann themselves. However, we need to know exactly what is broken. I'll assume a locomotive and say that we need to know the manufacturer, what kind of loco (not just steam or diesel but what the prototype was/is), how old it is and the manufacturer's part number if you have it. Road name isn't important. Then we need to know if it is DC or DCC (DC just has a small transformer or, more properly, a power pack, while DCC will have a DCC controller which is clearly marked as same), and if you are running it on DC or DCC. (Unmodified Bachmann locos with installed DCC all say DCC On Board on their bottoms.) Then we'll need to know the problem, like lights out, hums but won't move, only moves one direction, derails all of the time, derails at a turnout, shorts out, uncouples (from what and while doing what), and such like. I would be very surprised if someone on this board hasn't had the identical problem with an identical locomotive, and figured out how to fix it.
                                                                                                   -- D

random12multi

Quote from: MilwaukeeRoadfan261 on January 03, 2012, 06:27:58 PM
If it is the gear on the drive wheels, you could order a new set of GS-4 drive wheels from Bachmann's Service Department and replace them yourself. If it is a different gear, find a local hobby shop near you that is authorize to do repairs and bring it to them.
k I'm going to a shop hopeflly thell fx it :D