News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Another Excellent Forum

Started by CNE Runner, January 18, 2012, 11:16:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CNE Runner

I have always been impressed with the participants in the Bachmann forum. The amount of knowledge and inspiration I have received is priceless. Many forums, unfortunately, are inhabited by folks that are either rivet counters (and by default: in possession of infinite knowledge...just ask them), or individuals with an 'axe' to grind...looking someone upon which to 'grind'. If you've done the forums, you know to which I am referring.

Recently, I was urged to look at yet another forum - and am very glad I did. This one is called Free Rails and can be found at http://freerails.com/

Honestly, I believe there is something for everyone on this location. The participants are extremely friendly and supportive. Some of the posters are master modelers whilst others are beginners...everyone is willing to render assistance to everyone else. The participants seem to take a genuine interest in what each is doing.

Check the site out by 'lurking' a little and getting a 'feel' for the attitudes of the participants. I firmly believe that Free Rails would be a natural adjunct to the Bachmann forum...'see what you think.

Ray
"Keeping my hand on the throttle...and my eyes on the rail"

richg

That is another one of the forums I watch. I find good info there at times. I just never joined.

RIch

Michigan Railfan

Along with this excellent forum, I follow railroadfan.com. Lots of good folks on there. There's alot of talk for those who live in Michigan.

Pops

Thanks for sharing - great lead.

::)

richg

Model Railroad Hobbyist is the newest one with free magazine download every month and some of the articles include a video. I have been downloading their eZine's for over three years.
With a tablet, you can read the articles in your chair, at the workbench, at the layout and even in the bathroom.
Free sign up and they email you when the next magazine is ready for download. They have the issue about the first two or three days of the month, not a month in advance like paper magazines.

There is also a forum that the owner is quite active in. He came from the Model Railroader/Trains magazine company. Kalmbach.

I wish Bachmann would advertise in the eZine.

http://model-railroad-hobbyist.com/

Rich