News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

HO Scale TGV Car coupler/trucks needed

Started by Bigugly, July 25, 2011, 04:42:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigugly

I have a TGV set I got for Christmas about 25 years ago, and have had on the shelf for years, it's only been out of the box a handful of times. I went over to my parents yesterday to grab the TGV to set it up and play with my 3 year old boy who loves trains, but I have somehow misplaced the coupler/trucks for the passenger cars. Anyone have any idea on where I can find replacement couplers at? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

ACY

Ebay or a trainshow is your best bet and even then it will be hard to find.

Bigugly

Bigugly

Can anyone recommend a good website or hobby shop that may have parts/pieces?

ACY

I did some searches for your cause and could not turn up anything, the parts are no longer made, and were last made in the 80's the sets are very hard to come by anymore with all parts and pieces included and in good working order. Your only chance is if some one is selling a set or some of the cars for parts at a train show or on ebay like I said.

MReiser4670

Quote from: Bigugly on July 25, 2011, 04:42:14 PM
I have a TGV set I got for Christmas about 25 years ago, and have had on the shelf for years, it's only been out of the box a handful of times. I went over to my parents yesterday to grab the TGV to set it up and play with my 3 year old boy who loves trains, but I have somehow misplaced the coupler/trucks for the passenger cars. Anyone have any idea on where I can find replacement couplers at? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

I have a broken TGV set, but I'm pretty sure it has all the couplers.  I'll sell it to you as is for $10?  Let me know...