I have a usra 0-6-0 the box say's DCC on board Need Help

Started by Jason K, January 23, 2012, 05:32:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason K

Does this little loco truely have DCC? The trender has no wires coming out of it plus there is no codes in the sheets that came with it.I just bought a few weeks ago from tower hobbies...Please let me know what is going on here.Being I have no wires out of the tender and no codes with it for the dcc.

Thanks
Jason k

Jerrys HO

Jason

I have the UP#4441  and the decoder is in the loco. My decoder is right in the cab, my other one is located in the boiler area. No wires going to tender yet... (sound later?)
To be sure just remove the shell and have a look as there are some analog versions of this loco.

Jerry

jonathan

Jason,

Here is a link to my post about tinkering with the 0-6-0 with DCC.  I have pictures of the interior, showing where the decoder is located:

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php/topic,18444.0.html

I added tender pick up to the loco.  Sound is possible by adding a sound only decoder and speaker to the tender.  Haven't tried it yet, but plans are in the works.

Regards,

Jonathan

Jason K

I just looked it does have a decoder in it.But I did not get a paper with the codes for the DCC.So now what do I do?

Thanks
Jason K

Eman627

The stock DCC address should be 03. If by codes you mean CV paperwork, Bachmann engines do not come with them.

richg

Quote from: Jason K on January 23, 2012, 07:03:23 AM
I just looked it does have a decoder in it.But I did not get a paper with the codes for the DCC.So now what do I do?

Thanks
Jason K

Take time to look at the DCC documents in the Bachmann site. I just did.

Rich

Jason K