News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

need info on train set

Started by gandy dancer#1, January 23, 2012, 10:08:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gandy dancer#1

HI GUYS: I bought my grndson a bachman digital commander set, with e-z command, i figure probably very basic sntry level. it comes with 2 locos, a gp-40 & fta. it says on the box controllable speeds, light, direction and sound. does this set reallyhave sound on board or are they stretchingit a little????
M.R.BURNS

Doneldon

gd#1-

Your EZ Command can operate sound but the locos provided with the Digital Commander (now
out of the catalog?) have DCC but not sound on board. I see in the Bachmann product list that
there are some new sets with DCC and sound. They come with Dynamis. Have fun with your
grandson and trains.
                                  -- D

RAM

And let your grandson run the trains.

gandy dancer#1

Hey: My grandson is chief engineer and then some, the trins i bought but he owns, My dodge truck i bought but he owns, my little dieseltractor i bought but he owns, get the picture ;D
M.R.BURNS

Doneldon

gd#1-

Have your grandson and my grandson ever met?

-- D

gandy dancer#1

Evening  Doneldon: Dont know if they have met,but if you are like me i can say i'm a proud grandpaw and will tell ya if given chance ;D Now that is not to slight the other 2 his older brother, and his cousin my grand daughter by the other daughter, she is older than the 2 boys, but they all are fine children. The youngest has been a fixture in our house since birth while his mom was way to school,and he thinks he's ours!! He 's now 3 and 1/2 and just started pre school, His parent are divorced his dad is  in air force and away sometimes for up to a yr, so he has had a little problem connecting with his dad, and we are working on that. But it will all be okay ya know!!
M.R.BURNS

gandy dancer#1

Hi sorry got long winded on reply to doneldon, So on to original subject i am no wondering if I can add sound to my dcc locos?? I viewed the cd and read all theinstructions and still dont see anything that says howto program the sound card on the dcc controller. I realize itis basic at the bottom of gera, but it would seem the controller would be able to do that in basic instructions?? Any body can tell me??
M.R.BURNS

Jerrys HO

GD
That set does not have sound. The only sets I can think of that have sound are the Sound Commander's and that set as Doneldon stated comes with the Dynamis controller. Nice set also.
Bachmann had no diesel's with sound until the new FA2,FB2 and S4. I have an S4 on order.

Jerry