News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann RF-16

Started by curtwbb, January 20, 2012, 03:06:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

curtwbb

Hi All,

I just received 2 Standard Line RF-16 A units in the mail. I want to remove the shells for train phone installation and to install sound in one of the units. For those of you that have this type of loco do the 4 screws numbered 10367 on the schematic (under the inside edges of the trucks) hold the shell to the base of the loco?

Curt
Curt Webb

TVRRMAN

Curt,

Did you ever find the answer to your questions on these units?

Just in case, I'll walk you through getting the shell off. To do so, you'll need a small Philips Head Screwdriver. Begin by turning the engine upside down in a foam cradle or on something cushioned. At this point, you should see the four screws (10367) indentations located fore and aft the fuel tank, and before the trucks. You'll need a bit of force, as each screw is screwed as tightly as they could get it. Note that the shell will not budge until all four screws are completely loosened.

Now, depending on how detailed you want to go on the units, I can also recommend (based on timeframe modeled) to add the backup light, trainphone, eight additional grabs around the front area (two on the lower pilot area, two up near the cab windshield, the two curved ones above the windshield itself, and the two located (one above the engineers side window and one above the fireman's side window, and if you're really ambitious, replace the factory horns with three chime.

Hope this helps

curtwbb

Thanks for the response. After looking closely at it and the schematic I figured it out. I put the train phones on them this week. I will be adding more details but for now I'm doing a major change to my layout. Thanks again.
Curt Webb