old canadian pacific engine

Started by waylon01, January 29, 2012, 04:24:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

waylon01

I had the complete set until recently, now I only have the engine and cars. The cars include: a CP freight car with sliding doors, a CP coal car, a Dairymen's League milk freight car and a yellow CP rial caboose. I'm new to this hobby and don't know much about trains or their history, any help/advice would be really appreciated. Do I have a decent start to a scale rail road or what?

Doneldon

wayl-

We need more information to answer your question authoritatively -- things like age, manufacturer, condition, what kind of model railroad you hope/plan to build, what limitations and assets you have (like space, time, budget, skills), what you have in addition to a locomotive and a few cars, etc.
                                                                                                                                                                                                     -- D

waylon01

Don, I don't know the exact age but I would judge it closer to 30 years old if I had to guess. I have the original instruction manual which says HO scale EMD F9 and EMD GP-40 Diesel set and it is indeed a Bachmann train.  As far as the condition goes it's is practically mint aside from a bit of dust. Honestly I have had this train with intentions to build a scale for this long and have not done so yet and regretfully have neither the space or time at this point. I thought this might be a train of some value to the right person and hoped to gain some expert advice.