Main Menu

HO track ?

Started by wackyracer, January 31, 2012, 09:27:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kpsdjs

Jerrys HO

No Thank You! ;D

Doneldon 
QuoteBut there is a little learning here: Maybe we need an FAQ section for newbies. Would that eliminate all of the questions about minimum radii, what is DCC, the value of an old train set or whether wired rail joiners work? No, of course not. But I'll bet it would help. What do you think, Bachmann?
I had posted to get a set up like this started a while back. It sure would have helped me when I first came to this board, instead I asked a few questions which could have been easily found by searching in this board or elsewhere. I enjoy reading all the posts now that I KNOW how to search. I strongly suggest saving any link provided for future use as richg has some great links as do others on here. I do wish hunt would not delete his posts. :'(

roger
You are a great help as all the rest on this forum. Keep up the good work.

kelly
Google is a great place to start, wish someone would have been nice to tell me that back when. ::)

pops
You have received great answers. I can't think of anything to add except Have Fun.

Jerry

Pops

"pops
You have received great answers. I can't think of anything to add except Have Fun."

Yes, I have - and I thank all who have helped very much.

This is a place I go to for help.  For those that can't be bothered repeating things for beginners - just don't answer. Saying "google has the answer" is not really help.  There are tons of places that have answers, including other forums. I, and others, choose here, and hopefully, as we get a little more knowledgeable, we can give back a bit, and help those less informed than we are. I try to be descriptive enough in the subject line, so those not interested in helping don't have to read my post.

Any who want to know why newbies ask such "stupid" or "repetitive" questions can find the answer to their inquiry in Google.

:D :D ???

the Bach-man

Dear Kelly,
Roger is an outstanding modeler of long standing, and has been an asset to the board for years.  He may not always agree with me, but he is always fair and reasoned in his opinions.  You have the same opportunity, and I'm glad we're all on the same page.
I have removed some of the more contentious posts in several threads so we can all...
Have fun!
the Bach-man