Changing sounds on the Tsunami Digital steam decoder

Started by rrbob, February 06, 2012, 01:24:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrbob

I recently bought the Bachmann modern 4-4-0 with sound. But the bell rate is very slow and the steam blow down is extra loud.
The Spectrum Steam sound user's guide and Technical Reference instruction disk tells now to make changes.  But sounds pretty compicated.
But how do you change anything beside the channel for the decoder, from 3 to something else, using the Bachmann EZ Command system?  Can any other changes be made using that system or do I have to use another DCC system to make any technical changes descriped in the users guide?
Has anyone else made any sound changes to their DCC decoder?
There are three whistles available and I would like to see what they sound like too.
Thanks.
Bob D.

richg

It is not complcated. Follow the instructions that come with your FCC controller. Change the CV's to different values. Their is a learning curve.

Rich

GN.2-6-8-0

I do not believe you can change cvs with the Bachmann EZ command system, by far the best is Decoder Pro. your best bet would be to find a individual or a club that is set up with a full DCC system using it and request their help programing your engine, that way you can check and adjust all the sound parameters to your satifaction.
Rocky Lives

Doneldon

GN-

You are correct. The only "programming" possible with the EZ
Command is which end of the locomotive is the front and setting
which channel operates which loco.
                                                     -- D

rrbob

Thanks guys, I kinda thought that was what I would have to do :'(
Still love it!
Bob D.