News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

EZ-Track problem

Started by mpaergk, July 15, 2007, 10:10:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mpaergk

I recently purchaed an ez-track turnoff track and connected it to my existing Bachmann set. I made all the connections as per instructions, however, when I connected the track, the train does not run. Interesting that if I connect any two of the three parts of the turnoff track to the others tracks, I still get power and the train works. When I do connect that third part, no power. Any idea why this may be happening?

Thanks

the Bach-man

Dear m,
Are there any other switches on the layout?
Have fun!
the Bach-man

mpaergk

No, there are no other switches. Any help you can provide would be appreciated. Thanks

Bojangle

It sounds like a loose rail joiner.  When you connect the third leg, you might be just moving a loose joint.  Be sure all your joiners are tight.
Bo

mpaergk

I completely took apart my set rail by rail. I then started with the turnout track and added rail pieces. After I added a piece, I tested the power and all worked fine. Until I added a final piece to complete the circuit. At that there was no longer any power to the train. I thought it might be a problem with the turnout track, so I tried another turnout track and have the same problem. I just don't understand why this is happening. Has anyone else experienced this or similar problem?
Thanks

EJELen

Does the loop come back on itself?  The diverting route cannot create a 'reverse loop' without having insulated rail joiners and a controller.