News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Looking for old pancake motors

Started by PiedmontRR, February 26, 2012, 08:35:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PiedmontRR

I have two older Bachmann locomotives.   They quit working.  They are show pieces for me and I would like to make them run again.  Bachmann no longer makes these parts. (so much for lifetime warranty, because as these things age, and newer technology evolves they stand less and less behind their older creations)  I called Bachmann and asked about these and they said they would replace the whole unit and the tone in the woman's voice sounded as if they were ashamed of the older units.  She wanted to give me something newer.  Newer would be nice if they were going to make these units again with DCC and ez mates, but they are not.  Bachmann actually sold more of these units in HO than were produced by the real locomotive itself.  I want to make my units run again. The pancake motor as it is commonly called is the powered trucks with the engine located over the truck. The electrical pick ups are the back set of trucks.
I would like to get a replacement set of these motors that work just fine.  I use these these units at shows and I like to brag on them, though they are not the greatest, They DO generate a lot of conversations.  Can anyone help me?  My next show is in April and the grand daddy of shows is June 2nd.  I hope to get them running again super soon.

bobwrgt

What models are they?? What road mane?? We would like to help but need more informaation.
About the only place you will find older pankake motors is buy a new old stock engine off ebay or at a hobby shop. You will have to know what model engine you are wooking with in order to tell if the new old stock motor will work.

Bob

richg

Below you will many links about the pancake motor which " might" help you for this issue.

http://tinyurl.com/89ahdva

These motors are also found in old computer CD drives but which one is anybodies guess. I have found a couple like this but some also have a can motor.

Rich